Our Story: We take pride in our heritage but we have emerged to market with new purpose. We are a modern global food company…still making the best gyros on the market, but also so much more. Today, we make it easy to offer new and familiar fare, by providing BOLD, on-trend, specialty proteins. We bring excitement to authentic world cuisine.
With the recent merger of Grecian Delight and Kronos Foods Corp., our goal is to rejuvenate the restaurant and retail space. The support of our combined innovative processes, products, and inspired teams will create a well-versed collaborative work environment, to which will support our growth and success in the food manufacturing space. We strive to find the best talent to assist in guiding our exponential growth.
About The Role:
· Full time
· Located in Glendale Heights, IL and Elk Grove Village, IL
· Mid to Senior level position
· Reports to Chief Human Resources Officer
Objectives of this Role:
The Safety Manager inspects work areas, products, and employee work habits to ensure that everything is in compliance with OSHA rules and environmental safety guidelines, and makes changes to improve the safety of the workplace when necessary.
· Designs and implements safety programs for all workspaces.
· Stays up to date on state and federal workplace safety regulations.
· Trains new employees and contract workers on all safety programs and safety work rules.
· Runs informational meetings for employees regarding proper health and safety habits and procedures at work.
· Identifies health and safety hazards.
· Recommends ways to improve health and safety in the workplace.
· Writes up reports detailing health and safety issues.
· Presents reports and suggestions for improvement to executive leadership.
· Fields inquiries from employees about proper safety procedures.
· Responds to on-site emergencies and accidents.
· Investigates on-the-job accidents and assists Manager in writing up reports.
· Identifies root causes of each accident and devises strategic plan to remedy those problems.
· Monitors work place on a daily basis to ensure all activity meets safety compliance.
· Conducts official audits of the all work areas, including production area, warehouses and office.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health, Engineering, Management, or related field is required.
· Certificate in Safety Management (CSM) is required.
· Three+ years working in a manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
· Coursework and training in occupational safety requirements and OHSA guidelines is required.
· Communicates details of safety procedures clearly to employees.
· Pays close attention to detail.
· Demonstrates detailed knowledge of OHSA and EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) guidelines.
· Demonstrates strong leadership skills.
· Exhibits ability to think practically and creatively to implement the best safety practices.
· Responds quickly and efficiently to emergency situations.
· Remains calm in a crisis.
· Demonstrates knowledge of the specific tools, machinery, or equipment used in the specific place of work.
· Exercises caution and alertness at all times.
· Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
One Kronos Dr | Glendale Heights, IL 60139