BITCO Corporation, headquartered in Davenport, Iowa, is seeking a Senior Risk Control Consultant located in or near Chicago, IL. BITCO provides quality property and casualty insurance services to specialized industries including construction, forest products and oil & gas. This is a remote position with required overnight travel to customer job sites and offices.
Interested candidates should use this link to apply: Click Here!
Position Summary :
As part of the Risk Control team, this position will provide risk control services to BITCO customers in the state of Illinois, with a few additional accounts in Indiana.
- Evaluate exposure and exposure controls for current and prospective customers
- Identify and recommend risk improvements
- Prepare various risk control reports
- Conduct occasional safety meetings / training for customers
- Utilize product line expertise to ensure good loss experience outcomes
- Foster new business development through quality agency relationships and effective customer interactions
- • Help to mentor, train, and fill in for team members as needed
- • Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Risk Management, Engineering, or related field preferred
- 7+ years of experience as a Risk Control Consultant/Loss Control Consultant with experience in the areas of Commercial Construction; Forestry; and Public Entities.
- Professional safety certification (CSP, ARM, or other) preferred; or willingness to obtain OSHA/MSHA/DOT knowledge preferred
- Progressive working knowledge of customer safety programs, state and federal regulations, and general insurance and policy terms
- Good communication and mentoring skills; ability to convey knowledge to others
- Ability to develop and maintain good customer relations
- Effectively communicate in person, by telephone, and email with supervisors, co-workers, customers and their representatives, and other third parties
- Ability to routinely bend, kneel, reach, climb, and walk around to evaluate customer job sites and machinery