Our Risk Control Consultant provides consulting services for a broad range of products/services. Consultants conduct extensive research, data collection and evaluation and analysis in order to make recommendations to control customer’s source of risk, loss and/or costs.
Please Apply Through Link: Click Here!
Depending on experience this position can be hired at various Consultant levels.
- Risk Selection: Partnering with UW & Distribution to adequately provide an opinion of risk to meet profitability objectives through pre-bind and renewal risk assessments. Develop strategies and influence stakeholder to reduce total cost of risk.
- Account Service: Work with customer stakeholders to provide comprehensive risk control services and assists in meeting customer key performance indicators. Including a deep understanding of customer operations and the industry exposures in order to develop strategies to mitigate risk.
- Leadership: Having the ability to cross collaborate, innovate, influence and inspire those around them to meet a common goal. This includes mentoring and coaching, owning personal and career growth aspirations.
- Continuous Improvement: Having a growth mindset that allows for continuous improvement of work product, service delivery, in a collaborative way that provides consistent innovation.
- Relationship Building: Ability to form and sustain relationships at all levels of customer organization and become a trusted influencer in order to impact business objectives.
Key Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Inquisitive thinking and problem-solving skills. Can leverage these skills to influence change.
- Able to adapt to changing and competing priorities demonstrating resilience and flexibility.
- Demonstrates personal energy, stamina and discretionary effort.
- Works with a sense of urgency and handles setbacks/feedback with a growth mindset.
- Strong collaboration skills and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts.
- Capacity to become trusted advisor and partner with the customer.
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong communication and listening skills in order to develop and maintain relationships with customers.
- Proven ability in advance level research, evaluation and analysis functions.
- Proven ability to deal with all levels of an organization.
- Effective leadership qualities.
- Maintains advanced level of understanding loss prevention products, services and operations within realm of responsibility.
- Successful demonstration of technical skills in areas of risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with coursework in mathematics and engineering or related area, plus a minimum of 3 years of directly related consulting experience.
- Previous experience applicable to loss prevention may be substituted for lack of formal education or advanced degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Master’s degree, designation(s) or certification(s) preferred.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG’s Insider Pro and Computerworld’s 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers for Women and one of America’s Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America’s Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
Please Apply Through Link: Click Here!
What you’ll learn & achieve:
Under general supervision, responsible for establishing and promoting safe and healthy working conditions for all employees. Investigates conditions that may affect employee health and comfort.
- Under general supervision, develops, documents and maintains environmental health and safety (EHS) programs (e.g. hazardous materials, emergency response plans) in compliance with Federal, State and Local legislation.
- Assists in conducting inspections and reports on tests and investigations to obtain data for use in determining sources of pollution and methods for controlling pollutants in air, soil and water.
- Assists in analysis, interpretation and validation of information on hazardous materials/chemicals and exposure monitoring results.
- Assists in creating programs and instructing employees in matters pertaining to occupational health, prevention of accidents, safe operation of equipment and proper handling/cleanup of chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Ensures that all employees have and are trained in the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) such as respirators, safety glasses and safety shoes.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What makes you a great fit:
University Degree Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, Chemical, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering; Chemistry, Physics, Biology or closely related
Field and 1-3 years directly related experience.
NFPA 70E program management experience a plus.
Recent graduates with EHS internship experience are encouraged to apply.
UL has COVID-19 protocols and policies in place to ensure the safety of our employees, customers and clients. Effective November 1, 2021, the company mandates that employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment (except where prohibited by law), subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
What you’ll experience working at UL:
- Mission For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards In the US, we provide lots of great benefits for our employees are their families. All employees are eligible for bonus compensation in addition to their annual salary. Many US employees are eligible to enroll in health, wellness and retirement saving benefits on day one of employment. We focus on providing employees with options for healthcare savings such as Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts (that UL contributes to twice per year!). We also have Employee Assistance Programs to support your mental health & wellbeing. UL offers a competitive 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. UL supports workplace flexibility based on team & business needs focused on provide employees stability – employees and managers work together to build a plan. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.