Senior Loss Control Consultant – July 2018
(Expertise in areas of Machine Guarding and Electrical Arc Flash)
Degree: BS Safety, Environmental or related technical degree/CSP required
Location: Greater Chicago or Atlanta area, Texas or Midwest region
*Highly competitive compensation package
Must be a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and have at least 5+ years of diverse safety practice experience – in particular, machine guarding and electrical arc flash. Position will develop and provide high level specialized loss control services listed in order of preference: machine guarding, electrical arc flash, confined space, forklift-train the trainer, ergonomics and ideally, working knowledge of PSM but not a requirement. Technical focus will include industrial work (clients include various manufacturing operations), indoor air quality and remediation services. 50-70% travel required throughout the US, however, client prefers to use Safety Field Specialists as much as possible to keep the travel down in this position. Project manage a growing division and report into the Director of Operations. Will work closely with the internal peers such as the Director of Environmental, Director of Loss Control/Safety and Director of Engineering.
Interpersonal skills – good written and presentation skills, engaging personality, eager to broaden and continue growing within skill set, ability to work with associated departments both internally and externally, can manage and balance multiple priorities/projects along with a good customer service focus.
Key Requirements include:
- CSP and 5+ years of safety leadership in machine guarding and electrical arc flash
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong influencing skills
For additional information regarding the position listed above, please contact:
Laura Petraitis-Doll, EHS Recruiter
LS Doll & Associates
Office 708-478-3894 | Cell 708-212-2810 | Laura@lsdoll.com | www.lsdoll.com
EHS Manager: Rockford, IL area
Posted: Jul 16, 2018
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety & Health, or Engineering related field.
- 3+ years’ EHS experience; food industry preferred but not required.
- Experience in managing complex projects, workers’ compensation claims and/or occupational nurse a plus.
- Experience in a union environment is also a plus
- Willing to travel up to 30%
- Implements/maintains consistent EHS&S management systems, including control designs, methods, procedures (SOP/Work Instructions/Standard Work) and programs.
- Establish site strategies, systems and controls to assure company objectives and compliance in the areas of environmental health and safety.
- Establish and report site key EHS performance metrics to ensure scorecard objectives are met.
- Participate in the development and implementation of 3 year EHS improvement plans.
- Acts as liaison between assigned facilities and the Corporate EHS&S Department.
- Focuses EHS&S efforts towards common goals and processes to achieve world-class status.
- Develop and maintain facility wide EHS programs including proactive incident prevention, business continuity plan, hazardous chemical management and employee training.
- Drive employee engagement to create and foster a proactive, empowered safety culture.
- Manage incident reporting process including completion of investigations/RCA’s, implementation of corrective actions, and communication to key stakeholders.
- Along with the Human Resources Team, actively manage Workers’ Compensation cases, working closely with all appropriate parties.
To apply: Please contact Colleen Doerr, Senior Recruiter: CDoerr@professionaloutlook.com