Senior HSE Specialist – NuFarm
Posted: Dec 04, 2019
Position title: Senior HSE Specialist
Business entity: Nufarm
Position holder: Vacant
Location: Chicago Heights, IL
Reports to: HSE Leader, North America
Responsible for the day-to-day HSE operations, ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory and company requirements, delivering training, and supporting manufacturing activities at both Chicago Heights and Alsip plants.
Principal tasks and accountabilities:
- Ensures Nufarm’s compliance to applicable HSE and Nufarm company requirements including, but not limited to:
- Procedure management (creating, reviewing, updating and auditing), such as but not limited to: Permit to Work, Hazard Communication, Lockout/Tagout, Respiratory Protection, Process Safety Management, Personal Protective Equipment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Emergency Action Plans, Confined Space Program, Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER), Electrical Safety, Fire Prevention Plans, etc
- Compliance recordkeeping and reporting, such as but not limited to: annual hazardous waste, OSHA 300/301/301A logs, Tier II, TRI, AERS, etc.
- Compliance inspections, such as but not limited to: 90-day hazardous waste, air emissions control equipment, SPCC secondary containment, etc.
- Compliance auditing of site conditions, program effectiveness and other regulatory/company assurance
- HSE Training, to include content development, coordination, delivery and maintenance of records
- Direct and lead the HSE committees at the manufacturing facilities in Alsip and Chicago Heights
- Conducts and assists with case management and incident investigations for injuries and near misses, using industry standard methodologies, such as Root Cause Analysis (RCA), 5-Whys, Bow-Tie, etc.
- Coordinates industrial hygiene sampling and analysis for workplace exposure assessments
- Provides expertise and guidance on hazard and risk assessments, such as but not limited to: PPE hazard assessments, Job Safety Analysis (JSA), Hazard Operability (HAZOP) studies, Process Hazard Assessment (PHA), Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA), Human Factors Analysis (HFA), etc.
- Supports site management to further HSE goals and objectives
- Administer Management System elements, such as but not limited to Nufarm Health Safety and Environment (HSE) Standard, Nufarm Process Safety Management (PSM) Standard, ISO Environmental Management System (EMS), ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS), etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the HSE Leader, North America
- HSE Leader, North America (direct supervisor)
- Operations Managers
- Production Superintendent and Supervisors
- Engineering Manager
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Quality Manager
- Director of Manufacturing
Experience and qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment leading HSE compliance and programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environmental Science/Management, Chemical Engineering, or other related field
- Professional certification, such as ASP, CSP, CHMM, CIH, a plus
- Additional training and certification highly desired, including but not limited to:
- OSHA 501/511 Certification
- OSHA 30-hour Training
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Management
- Computer proficiency if Microsoft Office products is required
- Strong analytical skills and data based approach to decision making
- Strong conflict resolutions and team development skills are required
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience in dealing with safety, environmental and regulatory matters
- Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as the ability to lead and motivate others
- Experience with continuous improvement methodology and processes
- Zero incidents – Strive for an incident free workplace.
- Achieve Results: along with Management, assist in setting personal goals as well as regional goals to add value to the business and themselves; accept ownership and accountability to deliver on commitments.
- Adaptability & Change Management: effectively deal with and handle change and uncertainty; adapt easily and quickly to a changing environment without losing effectiveness.
- Person Development: listen well and be aware of personal strengths and weaknesses and take continuous action to improve personal capabilities.
To learn more, please contact:
Safety and Facilities Maintenance Manager – Aerotek
Posted: Dec 04, 2019
Location: Elk Grove village area.
- Minimum 5 years of direct experience in safety and building management
- Extensive knowledge of safety requirements and OSHA standards
- Experience in manufacturing setting
- Team Leading experience
- Ability to conduct training
- Proven ability to drive positive change
- Proactive problem-solver
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, specifically MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Environmental Sciences, Engineering or related field preferred
- Professional Certification a plus
- Experience in building security a plus
Role and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety, security, and maintenance procedures.
- Review current safety training and recommend revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Plan and conduct safety training and keep accurate records for audit purposes.
- Continually evaluate and drive improvements for safety and maintenance to promote and ensure a safe working environment.
- Evaluate effectiveness of our current building safety and maintenance programs and submit recommendations for additional measures, including but not limited to, emergency preparedness, accident prevention, risk management, and energy usage reduction.
- Responsible for building access and video keeping; act as Security Officer when necessary.
- Manage facility maintenance with emphasis on HVAC, compressed air, and fire systems; coordinate repairs when necessary.
- Monitor and enforce company policies with personal accountability.
- Coordinate cross-functionally to establish and audit processes, where applicable.
- Partner with HR regarding injury claims and workers compensation.
- Provide training as part of new hire orientation and for any role transitions when applicable.
- Manage, support, and train janitorial staff.
- Coordinate and supervise outside contractors and establish scope of third party involved in building and equipment support activities, including but not limited to refuse, recycling, and sustainability programs.
- All other duties as assigned by management to ensure the success of the company.
If you are interested in applying or want more information please contact Chris Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition please prepare an updated resume and a good time to connect on the phone