Base Salary: $85,000-$110,000 DOE
Annual Bonus based on individual and plant performance
Relocation Assistance Available
This role will be out of Seneca, IL and will also have oversight of EHS activities in the Elgin, IL facility.
This individual will be primarily responsible for ensuring that effective compliant programs are in place for the facility, meeting company policy and goals, and implementing the corporate EHS program. Individual will be heavily involved in program implementation and maintenance. It is expected that this individual will spend a significant portion of time walking the manufacturing areas of the facility and interacting with plant and supervisory personnel. Additional duties include:
1. Comply with Federal, State, Local and Internal requirements.
2. Operate in a manner that minimizes safety and health risk and company liability.
3. Use EHS tools (webpage, databases, online training and programs guidance).
4. Implement activities, programs, and training for existing and pending Safety and Health requirements to prepare the facility to be audit ready.
5. Recognize and resolve at risk conditions that could potentially lead to significant events, and noncompliance situations.
6. Guide to the facility leadership in the area of EHSS&S.
7. Support the completion of facility corrective and preventive actions.
8. Coordinate and support regional and corporate compliance programs as needed.
Safety Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and maintain the corporate employee safety management system within the plant
- Assess training requirements and needs, implement, conduct/coordinate and maintain safety training plan for the plant
- Facilitate or lead accident investigations on work-related injuries and near miss events, establish, and implement associated corrective and preventative actions.
- Ensures that appropriate personal protective equipment is specified and system is in place to provide PPE to plant employees
- Design and assist in auditing plant processes and procedures to ensure employees have the training and tools necessary to perform their job safely
- Where applicable, assist the coordination of Process Safety Management activities and other related management systems; and identify gaps in compliance activities
- Communicate plant EHS goals, metrics and progress
- Coordinate the development of facility leading indicators and ensure that reporting procedures exist and are known for work-related injuries or illnesses
- Enter and maintain injury and illness database
- Ensure plant has functioning emergency response processes and teams as required: (First Aid, firefighting, spill team (HAZWOPER) and committee).
- Drive, maintain, and promote a positive safety conscious culture throughout the facility
- Maintain relationship with local medical and emergency services providers
- Provide active follow-up to resolve any facility safety concerns
Industrial Hygiene Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct assessments of chemical and physical hazards exposures:
- Observe processes to determine worker exposure to chemical and physical health hazards.
- Identify areas of potential exposure during team process hazard reviews.
- Identify areas of potential exposure during process or product changes.
- Collect samples, under the direction of Regional or Corporate EHS, using simple IH equipment (sound level meter, passive dosimeters, etc.), if necessary.
- Record, report, and distribute information collected after assessments.
- Advise facility personnel on possible hazard control improvements after assessments:
- Issue maintenance requests for improvements as necessary.
- Advise on protective measures during the implementation of new processes or product changes.
- Coordinate non-routine exposure monitoring activities if necessary:
- Arrange for exposure monitoring if there are substantial (near or greater than acceptable exposure level) new exposures to chemicals or physical hazards and/or if health of workers may be affected by exposures.
Arrange for exposure monitoring after process or product changes have been made.
Process Safety Responsibilities
- As it applies, develop processes and provide hands on support to conduct process hazard assessments, operability reviews, and engineering/administrative controls for the facility processes utilizing HAZOP and other applicable methodologies.
- Support the management of change process within the facility
- Other duties as related to EHS Process Safety, security or sustainability.
- Has contributory responsibility for meeting facility expense budget, particularly for safety expenditures supplies, training, and other improvements.
- Also leads, consults and supports capital projects to improve safety.
- Bachelors degree in safety/environmental or related field.
- Minimum 5 years working in a EHS focused role in a chemical processing environment
- 2 + years working managing OSHA, EPA, NFPA & PSM (if applicable to the location) and other applicable regulations
- 2 + years managing projects with effective project management skills
- Facilitated In-house training on a variety of EHS topics in accordance with EHS management objectives.
- Facilitated Accident and Incident Investigation and Analysis as per EHS management directives and operational requirements.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- An understanding of the application of systems to safety (Responsible Care VPP, OHSAS 18001, IIPP)
- Excellent skills in the use of MS Office programs and experience with EHS related reporting systems.
- Excellent leadership and training skills
- Aware of US based security regulations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure and follow through with required tasks.
Ability to travel up to 10% supporting other locations as needed and the corporate compliance audit and assessment program.
For More Information
Please contact Jamie Tooker – Permanent Placement Consultant (1-712-441-5001) or go to www.HBFuller.com