Under the direction of the Plant Manager and the Corporate EHS Leader, this position is responsible for ISO 14001, water, air, and waste permitting and reporting, workers compensation, and safety program development and training. The EHS Manager establishes and promotes the maintenance of a safe, accident free, and healthy work environment by performing the following duties personally or through Supervisors and Managers
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This position is Salary Exempt and will be responsible for monitoring and improving environmental, safety and health activities. Also will investigate work-related injuries, near-misses and illnesses. Will administer first aid when required, as well as file any required workers compensation claims on behalf of the associate with appropriate vendor. Will manage the hearing conversation program.
Must have experience building a progressive safety culture within all levels of a manufacturing environment, including promoting safety awareness, maintaining and improving policies, written programs and procedures. Strong background in Ergonomics, Lockout, and process risk assessment is a plus. Must possess a strong knowledge of OSHA, EPA and all applicable Federal, State and Local regulations, and have experience working with these agencies; as well as maintaining all compliance of environmental permits (including air, water, and waste) and committed to improving an ISO 14001 program. This position will also maintain EHS training records and related documents, as well as provide guidance and oversight of the associate safety committee. Requires strong interpersonal skills.
- Continuously improve safety and environmental programs and procedures to maintain compliance with local, state, and federal standards and regulations.
- Lead investigations of incident and near miss reports, determine root cause, and identify corrective and preventive actions.
- Maintain EMS and ISO 14001:2015 certification and conformance to the standard.
- Lead EHS facility and program audits and coordinate response to audit findings
- Oversee the administration of workers’ compensation program, including working with the insurance carrier, broker, and medical providers to improve employee post-inujry care, reduce lost time and control cost.
- Recommend improvements in processes, management systems, procedures and operating equipment to comply with safety and environmental requirements.
- Work with consultants to perform applicable industrial hygiene sampling as needed.
- Conduct compliance assurance reviews of environmental programs and requirements
- Participate in the investigation of incidents and creation of reports for internal and external use.
- Manage preparation of permit applications for modifications and renewals
- Conducts job safety analysis and risk assessments on assigned tasks and jobs
- Oversee, and provide training related to, various site safety and ergonomics committees.
- Maintain environmental, safety, and work comp files and records.
- Preparation of internal and external reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an EHS-related field and at least 5 years of experience including ISO 14001 OR equivalent training and experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage projects to completion.
- Operational knowledge and understand of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be detail oriented, have excellent communication skills, and effectively address EHS concerns at all levels from front line employees to local and corporate management.
NTK offers competitive compensation and world-class benefits to include Blue Cross Blue Shield health and dental, EyeMed vision, CVS/Caremark prescription, short term and long term disability, life insurance, 401(k) plan with 50% company matching up to 8%, and paid vacation and holidays. If you enjoy working in a team environment and like a challenging opportunity then NTK is the place for you.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please forward resume, salary history and full qualifications to:
Don Phillips, Corporate EHS Manager
No phone calls, please