- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Safety & Health, or Engineering related field.
- 3+ years’ EHS experience; food industry preferred but not required.
- Experience in managing complex projects, workers’ compensation claims and/or occupational nurse a plus.
- Experience in a union environment is also a plus
- Willing to travel up to 30%
- Implements/maintains consistent EHS&S management systems, including control designs, methods, procedures (SOP/Work Instructions/Standard Work) and programs.
- Establish site strategies, systems and controls to assure company objectives and compliance in the areas of environmental health and safety.
- Establish and report site key EHS performance metrics to ensure scorecard objectives are met.
- Participate in the development and implementation of 3 year EHS improvement plans.
- Acts as liaison between assigned facilities and the Corporate EHS&S Department.
- Focuses EHS&S efforts towards common goals and processes to achieve world-class status.
- Develop and maintain facility wide EHS programs including proactive incident prevention, business continuity plan, hazardous chemical management and employee training.
- Drive employee engagement to create and foster a proactive, empowered safety culture.
- Manage incident reporting process including completion of investigations/RCA’s, implementation of corrective actions, and communication to key stakeholders.
- Along with the Human Resources Team, actively manage Workers’ Compensation cases, working closely with all appropriate parties.
To apply: Please contact Colleen Doerr, Senior Recruiter: CDoerr@professionaloutlook.com