Health and Safety Specialist
CHICAGO, IL (O’Hare area) Customer Care Job Type: Full Time Job Id: FIN000874
Health and Safety Specialist – FIN000874
The primary focus of this position is to develop, implement and manage Health and Safety regulatory compliance programs for the corporation that meet federal OSHA, state and local requirements and for providing guidance/instruction relating to regulatory compliance.
· Develop, implement and maintain Health and Safety programs required to support U.S. Cellular® business operations. This includes compliance reporting. Manages and/or conducts Health and Safety training as required. Maintain written programs and associated documents/records on appropriate SharePoint sites.
· Manages the OSHA Recordkeeping program and generates monthly metrics. Reviews associate, contractor and customer accident/injury/illness reports and determines root cause/ corrective actions. Completes and submits Department of Labor (DOL) compliance reports.
· Develops implements and manages the Emergency Action Plan and the Bloodborne Pathogens program.
· Implements and manages Safety and Industrial Hygiene programs such as Fall Protection, Lockout-Tagout, Confined Space Entry, Hazard Communication, Non-Ionizing Radiation (RF) Safety.
· Conducts ergonomic assessments and trains associates in the correct methods of workstation set-up.
· Supports Network Operations during ROC Events and business and retail operations during Contingency events.
· Manages other EHS programs as assigned.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety, environmental science, engineering or related technical field from an accredited college or university required
· Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
· 5+ years experience in Environment, Health and Safety (manufacturing or field service sector)
· Working knowledge of OSHA regulations required
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required
· Excellent PC skills with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) preferred
· Less than 10% travel
Job: Financial Services
Location(s): Illinois-CHICAGO_IL (O’Hare area)
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
To Apply please go to: https://www.uscellular.jobs/