Under limited supervision, our Industrial Hygienist or Senior Industrial Hygienist provides consulting services, primarily related to industrial hygiene specialty area. Conducts extensive research, data collection and evaluation and analysis in order to make recommendations to control customer’s source of occupational disease risk, loss and/or costs.
- Evaluates occupational disease exposures for underwriting and policyholders. Able to triage assignments and facilitate consulting services in an orderly manner.
- Uses IH sampling equipment effectively to conduct comprehensive quantitative OD assessments.
- Understands strategies and methodologies to control OD risk via hierarchy of controls.
- Conducts extensive research and data collection to identify source of risk, loss and costs.
- Compiles facts from on-site visits, databases and systemic evaluations of operations to assess existing practices, determine severity/frequency of problems, to identify gaps and solutions.
- Assesses and benchmarks performance against internal and industry standards.
- Interprets and analyzes data to determine best course of action that satisfies risk service needs.
- Utilizes advanced software applications and research to help find innovative and cost-effective solutions to customers risk service needs.
- Conducts cost-benefit analysis to determine how and when a recommended improvement at customer’s facility/operation will pay off. Investigates cause and effect relationships.
- Organizes data into a format which can easily be presented to customer. Prepares and presents technical reports which outline action plan for improved practices and control measures.
- Maintains effective partnerships with customers. Learns about customer’s business in order to identify risk management objectives and needs.
- Ensures accurate and concise communication and mutual understanding with customers. Keeps customers informed of status of services, support material available and outside resources relevant to identify customers’ safety concerns.
- Participates in training and development of customers. Oversees implementation of program(s). Provides technical support to assist with implementation of actions plans.
- Actively pursues professional development efforts to better meet customer expectations.
- May actively participate in acquiring new business by following up on leads and presenting proposals to potential customers.
- May consult with service directors and management for larger accounts to develop IH service plans
Category: Risk Control;
Primary Location: Chicago, IL
Additional Locations:Warrenville, IL;
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in math, engineering or related areas (or equivalent) and
- At least 5 years of directly related consulting experience in loss prevention or progressive safety/heath field. Candidates are typically working towards (or obtained) an advanced degree and/or professional certification in one or more of the following areas: CSP, ARM, CRM, CPCU, CIH, or CPE.
- Advanced knowledge, skills and experience in a specialized field, service planning and delivery, risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement.
- Fully effective interpersonal, writing and other communication skills required to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve and enter information using various proprietary software applications and create/modify documents and complex spreadsheets using Microsoft Office suite.
- Position requires regular travel.
To apply and/or find more information about this job please see: