Location: Chicago, Illinois
Section I. Overview/Summary:
The Manager of Environmental Health Safety and Fleet is responsible for developing, monitoring, and implementing company-wide EHS&F programs to ensure a safe working environment for all associates and to protect company assets. The manager must possess a thorough and detailed understanding of all current and future environmental and safety regulations as it pertains to cell sites, engineering, corporate offices, retail store locations, and fleet management and is responsible for ensuring company-wide compliance. The manager must have strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate technical regulations into language suitable for frontline associates. The candidate may be required to respond to issues outside traditional business hours.
Section II. Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Develop policies, procedures, and training programs that will increase proficiency in environmental health and safety compliance practices, promote environmental consciousness throughout the entire organization and keep the organization in compliance with all environmental and safety regulations.
- Develop, implement, and continuously refine effective accident management processes which consider emergency response, internal information needs, OSHA and DOT compliance, and insurance reporting requirements.
- Analyze reports related to environmental compliance, property damage, and injury/accident/illness to identify root causes and recommend solutions; implement solutions to mitigate future risk.
- Manage companywide compliance of all regulations, training, and, reporting including OSHA, EPA, DOT, FCC, FAA, RF Exposure, NEPA, SHPO, and Tier II hazardous materials.
- Lead audits and inspections to ensure compliance with business unit policies and government regulations. Counsel all levels of U.S. Cellular® and parent company’s Corporate Safety management on matters of business unit compliance with policy and government regulations.
- Stay current on all environmental health and safety regulation changes and ensure policies, procedures, and training are updated and refreshed accordingly.
- Manage relationships with internal clients across the organization, external environmental vendors, and serve as a representative of U.S. Cellular in industry trade associations such as NATE and NWSA.
- Provide coaching, development opportunities and mentorship to all direct reports.
Section III. experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Science, Environmental Science, or related field required.
- 7-10 years of experience in in EHS or related field required.
- 5+ years of experience leading and developing a team preferred.
- Safety and Environmental regulatory compliance experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to lead diverse and cross functional groups, including outside vendors as well as leading across organizational boundaries, including strong relationship management skills.
- Proven ability to provide leadership in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment, and to drive complex operational initiatives.
- Prior experience in the telecommunications industry preferred.
- Requirements of company travel of no more than 10% either by plane or company or personal vehicle.
For more information or to apply, go online to: https://www.uscellular.jobs/job/USCEUS2851/Mgr-Environmental-Health-Safety-and-Fleet