Job no: 493404
Work type: Full time
Location: Harper College Main Campus (Palatine)
Categories: Professional/ Technical
Salary: $44,468 – $55,585
Division: Workforce Solutions
Department: Continuing Education
Schedule Information: 8:00am – 4:30pm M -F
Hours per week: 37.5
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability; Sick, Vacation & Holiday Pay; Personal Business; Harper Tuition Waivers; and Professional Expense
Duties of Position:
- Responsible for coordinating the day‐to‐day operations of the Occupational Safety and Health training program. Leads the needs assessment process. Conducts recruitment and outreach for program. Oversees the development and revision of training materials. Monitors progress of program and prepares reports to validate outcomes.
- Coordinates daily operations of growing occupational safety and health program.
- Collaborates with team members in designing and conducting training needs assessment and identifies gaps and/or deficiencies that need to be addressed.
- Collaborates with other College departments, including Marketing Services, institutional Research/Outcomes Assessment, Harper Business Solutions, Small Business Development Center, and Access and Disability Services.
- Leads development of capacity building plan and strategies.
- Oversees the design and implementation of all marketing and recruitment efforts and materials.
- Develops, evaluates, and revises programs, course, and objectives to ensure responsiveness to training and education requirements of clients.
- Assesses instructional effectiveness and determines impact of training for employers and workers.
- Oversees revision of training materials.
- Coordinates course training schedules.
- Prepares quarterly reports and manages other record keeping requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Work is primarily indoor and sedentary in nature.
Educational Requirements: Bachelor Degree in occupational safety and health, workforce development or related field required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required.
Experience Required: Two years’ experience as a training program coordinator, project manager, or similar role required. Experience managing grant-funded programs and proven ability to manage full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate training). Ability to analyze complex situations and identify trends. Familiarity with a variety of training concepts, tools and practices geared toward adult learners.
Special Requirements: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: November 15, 2018.
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check
* Employment sponsorship is not available
Advertised: November 01, 2018 Central Daylight Time Applications close:Open until filled
For more information or to apply please go to http://jobs.harpercollege.edu/cw/en-us/job/493404/project-coordinator-osh