We have an excellent career opportunity in our Casualty Risk Consulting practice for a Safety/Ergonomic professional, working as a risk control consultant to Aon clients. This position may be based in either our Chicago or New York offices, but with potential client responsibilities throughout the United States.
Aon’s professionals are unwavering in their client focus and integrity. We promote diversity, professional development, accountability and stewardship — applying a disciplined non-bureaucratic approach to help our clients realize their business potential. Drawing on our experienced team as a competitive advantage, Aon employees have the freedom to take risks; foster innovation; champion for change and replicate best practices.
- Completing diagnostic loss analyses and qualitative reviews to identify trends and maximum financial improvement impact for our clients.
- Conducting risk assessments via client interface (including safety/prevention program review, site observations and client interviews) with a focus on operational improvement and financial exposure mitigation.
- Developing and implementing risk management and injury prevention strategies (long and short term), and supporting tactical plans to control risk related costs.
- Using project management skills to assure goals and objectives are appropriate and aligned with services delivered to exceed client expectations.
- Delivering onsite visit and project reports summarizing services delivered and measurable results achieved.
- Working collaboratively with teams including 1.) casualty claims staff to execute initiatives for post loss strategies and 2.) insurance carrier representatives where appropriate. Teams are virtual in many cases.
- Supporting business development to Aon offices by rapidly gaining an understanding of client needs, Casualty Risk Control service offerings; and articulating conceptual strategies and Aon resources to appropriately control exposures and costs.
- Areas of focus include: Workers’ Compensation, Ergonomics, Fleet/Driver Safety, General and Auto Liability
- Project management experience (budget responsibilities, quality, timeliness, specific metrics, etc.) with understanding and application of pre and post loss management consulting, including occupational and fleet safety experience (regulated and non- regulated)
- Ability to interpret a variety of data (loss information, statistics, etc.) to create client-facing, complementary strategic and tactical improvement plans
- Capacity to evaluate complex circumstances and adapt in “real time” as situations and other’s opinions evolve
- Capacity to work effectively on multiple tasks at any given time with minimal supervision and with deadlines
- Provide critique(s) directly (in person) or in writing to improve clients’ risk profile
- Technical skills in addressing client loss drivers from an operational standpoint including safety/ergonomic program development, training, and assessment processes
- Proficiency in computer applications and data management tools (e.g. Microsoft Office applications)
- Basic programming skills a plus – Excel macro development, Access database development and maintenance
- Demonstration of exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Experience in articulating project scope, value proposition and return on investment for business development related tasks
- Multiple industry experience – manufacturing, construction, healthcare, hospitality, service and/or wholesale and distribution
- Professional certifications (e.g. Certified Safety Professional, Certified Professional Ergonomist) a plus
TRAVEL: Approximately 30-35%
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Five or more years in safety/risk management in industry and/or insurance consultation.
- Specific job title to be commensurate with experience level, technical expertise and/or specialization.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Bachelor Science/Art or Master Level in Safety, Occupational Health, Engineering or related technical major
Aon Global Risk Consulting, with more than 1500 professionals in over 30 countries, provides integrated risk solutions for our clients’ complex property and casualty related risks. Aon Global Risk Consulting is a consulting unit of Aon the global leader in risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, human capital and management consulting, and outsourcing with more than 72,000 employees in 500 offices in as many as 120 countries. Our suite of risk consulting encompasses enterprise risk management, actuarial and analytics, risk financing, risk control, and claims services.
For more information or to Apply please visit: http://aon.io/2dYH43P