Sentry’s dedication to customer service is embodied by our best employees. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. We are currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated and results driven individual to fill an open position in our Transportation Safety Services Division. As a Safety Services Consultant, you will deliver Safety Services to our business units with primary focus on our trucking book of business.
What You’ll Do
The following are some of the responsibilities of the Transportation Safety Consultant that would be located in the St. Louis, MO area with travel responsibilities mainly in MO, AR, MS, TN, KY, OH, IN, and IL.
- Conduct onsite safety consultations to assigned clients while also evaluating underwriting acceptability
- Recommend safety enhancements and provide technical safety resources to customers
- Complete detailed reports to agents and underwriting regarding the account profile, risk improvement opportunities, and overall opinion of risk.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct safety seminars and training programs for customers to promote driver safety awareness and reduce claims
- Maintain and demonstrate expertise in areas such as FMCSA compliance, fleet safety, driver management, safety culture development, general liability, and cargo securement/protection.
What It Takes
- Bachelors degree preferred, emphasis in safety or related field
- Knowledge of DOT, FMCSA, and OSHA Regulations
- A minimum of 5 plus years of advanced knowledge in safety in the trucking industry
- Experience in coordinating and servicing large or multi-location accounts
- Safety designations including Certified Director of Safety (CDS) and willing to continue to pursue designations preferred
- High level of independence and self-motivation to work from home
- An acceptable motor vehicle record and ability to perform extensive travel over a large territory is required (75% travel)
What You’ll Receive
Sentry’s excellent benefits package is designed to meet today’s most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent – immediate vesting
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Kaitlyn Ford Kaitlyn.Ford@sentry.com
Why Sentry Insurance
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer