Supervisor: Safety and Security Manager
Position Summary: The Safety, Training, & Compliance Coordinator is responsible for promoting the continued improvement and maintenance of safety, security, and health systems in order to ensure a safe and accident-free environment as well as the safety and integrity of our product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for regulatory assessments and efforts to maintain compliance with Federal,State, and local health and safety regulations
- Manages workers compensation cases.
- Provide tactical oversight of the Return to Work program.
- Conducts workers’ compensation claim investigations.
- Develops and maintains close communication with insurance carriers and medical providers providing services for injured employees and serves as a liaison between medical providers,injured employees and department supervisors.
- Communicates workers’ compensation benefits to injured workers.
- Manages OSHA 300 and 300A log
- Creates, coordinates, and conducts advanced mandatory safety trainings for plant personnel, including but not limited to:o Lockout Tagout training for authorized employee so Operator certification for electric pallet jacks, scissor lifts, fall protection, etc. o First aid, CPR, AED, BBP Certifications
- Presents, updates, and maintains new employee safety orientation training.
- Manage training programs via monthly safety trainings to meet regulatory compliance.
- Conduct regular compliance audits and safety inspections of the facility and initiate corrective actions to eliminate hazards and promote a safe work environment
- Tour work area to inspect safety equipment, machinery, and facilities to identify and correct potential safety hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Lead the investigation of accidents, determine root cause factors, and implement corrective action to prevent recurrence
- Creates and disseminates information to improve employee safety awareness
- Facilitates the creation and periodic review of policies, programs and projects to abate workplace hazards and maintain regulatory compliance.
- Ensure sufficient documentation exist for regulatory compliance.
- Provide innovative safety solutions and ideas
- Maintains effective relationships with management as well as employees regarding all safety matters.
- Participates in sensory training and evaluation to help ensure the highest quality for our products.
- Suggests ways to control labor and supply costs as well as improve processes.
- Ensures that all work activities are performed with attention to the highest standards for quality, safety and compliance with all appropriate legal and food safety requirements and a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensures that all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are followed.
- Follows all company policies & procedures as well as the GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Maintains a high level of safety awareness for an accident-free work place.
- Reports any unsafe or hazardous work conditions or safety-related issues to Management.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Educational Degree (Bachelors preferred) in Safety Management or other related fields
- Associates Degree required
- Three (3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work overtime, irregular hours or rotating shifts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications.
- Solid understanding of safety principals and the ability to apply to the company’s operations.
- Understanding of worker compensation and claims management a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or concerns from employees.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several issues at once.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Bilingual – Spanish/English a plus
Physical Demands and Work Environment:The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted, and frequently lift and/or move 51 – 80 pounds with lifting equipment or with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job in the plant, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles. Employee may be exposed to extreme hot or cold temperatures that range from below zero (0) degrees Fahrenheit to over ninety (90) degrees Fahrenheit. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. While in the plant, the employee is required to utilize the required personal protective equipment.
Interested applicants can e-mail Alex Parra at Parraa@nationpizza.com or via phone at 847-348-5409
You can also apply via: