Advance your career Liberty Mutual Insurance – A Fortune 100 Company
Under limited supervision, our Senior Risk Control Consultant provides loss prevention consulting services within a specific Loss Prevention department, specialty area or for a broad range of products/services in all Loss Prevention operations. Conducts extensive research, data collection and evaluation and analysis in order to make recommendations to control customer’s source of risk, loss and/or costs.
- Conducts extensive research and data collection which helps to identify customer’s source of risk, loss and costs. Compiles facts from on-site visits and various reports and databases to assess existing processes/practices, determine severity/frequency of problems, and identify needs. Assesses and benchmarks customers performance against internal and industry standards.
- Interprets and analyzes data to determine best course of action and/or solution that satisfies customer’s risk service needs. Utilizes advanced software applications to help find innovative and cost-effective solutions to customers risk service needs. Conducts cost-benefit analysis to determine how and when a recommended improvement at customers facility/operation will pay off. Investigates cause and effect relationships. Prepares technical reports which reports and evaluates data.
- Organizes data into a format which can easily be presented to customer. Prepares and presents reports which outline action plan for improved practices and/or changing workforce cultures/behaviors.
- Maintains effective partnerships with customers. Learns about customer’s business in order to identify risk management objectives and needs. Ensures accurate and concise communication and mutual understanding with customers. Keeps customers informed of status of services, support material available and outside resources relevant to identify customers’ safety concerns.
- Participates in training and development of customers. Oversees implementation of program(s). Provides technical support to assist with implementation of recommendations/actions plans. Counsels customers regarding technical issues.
- Actively pursues professional development efforts to better meet customer expectations.
- May actively participate in acquiring new business by following up on leads and presenting proposals to potential customers.
- Construction and Property Experience Desired.
- Reference: 103242
- Category: Risk Control; Experienced Professionals
- Primary Location: Warrenville, IL
- Additional Locations: Chicago, IL;
- Schedule: Full-time
- Salary: $77,400-$101,500
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
- Shift: Day Job
- Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with coursework in mathematics and engineering or related area, plus a
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related consulting experience.
- Previous experience applicable to loss prevention may be substituted for lack of formal education or advanced degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Master’s degree, designation(s) or certification(s) preferred.
- Strong communication and listening skills in order to develop and maintain relationships with customers.
- Proven ability in advance level research, evaluation and analysis functions. Proven ability to deal with all levels of an organization.
- Effective leadership qualities.
- Maintains advanced level of understanding loss prevention products, services and operations within realm of responsibility.
- Successful demonstration of technical skills in areas of risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement.
To apply and/or find more information about this job please see: